The Green Bay Packers released their first injury report of Week 4 on Wednesday. The team will release another injury report on Thursday and a final injury report on Friday before hosting the New England Patriots on Sunday afternoon at Lambeau Field.
Here’s what to know from Wednesday’s first injury report:
Buy Packers Tickets
– First, the good news: The Packers removed receiver Randall Cobb (illness), kicker Mason Crosby (illness) and defensive lineman Kenny Clark (groin) from the injury report entering Week 4. All three played without an injury designation in Week 3.
– Cornerback Jaire Alexander, who left Sunday’s win over the Bucs, was limited on Wednesday with a groin injury, but he did participate during the work-through practice. That’s a good sign for his potential availability on Sunday.
– Rookie receiver Christian Watson returned after missing practice on Thursday and Friday of last week and the game Sunday because of a hamstring injury. He was limited. But it’s still progress.
– The Packers added running back AJ Dillon to the injury report with a new knee injury. He was limited. Outside linebacker Jonathan Garvin was another addition with a new hip injury. Like Dillon, he was limited on Wednesday.
– Rookie offensive tackle Caleb Jones missed practice with an illness. Both Randall Cobb and Mason Crosby missed practice last week with illnesses but played Sunday in Tampa. Jones was inactive last week.
– Elgton Jenkins did not practice, as planned by the team. He is expected to go on Thursday. David Bakhtiari did practice in a limited fashion but will then sit tomorrow. The Packers are managing stress on the knees of the two offensive tackles.
– Allen Lazard (ankle) and Marcedes Lewis (groin) were still limited on Wednesday, but both played a full game Sunday.
– The Patriots listed 10 players on their first injury report of Week 4. Quarterback Mac Jones and veteran defensive lineman Lawrence Guy did not practice. Four preferred starters were limited.
Packers injury report
Limited: CB Jaire Alexander (groin), OT David Bakhtiari (knee), RB AJ Dillon (knee), OLB Jonathan Garvin (hip), WR Allen Lazard (ankle), TE Marcedes Lewis (groin), WR Christian Watson (hamstring).
DNP: OT Elgton Jenkins (knee), OT Caleb Jones (illness).
Patriots injury report
Limited: S Josh Bledsoe (groin), OL Yodny Cajuste (thumb), S Kyle Dugger (knee), DL Davon Godchaux (back), LB Raekwon McMillian (thumb), WR Jakobi Myers (knee), CB Jalen Mills (hamstring), S Adrian Phillips (ribs)
DNP: QB Mac Jones (ankle), DL Lawrence Guy (shoulder).