This story began in the sixteenth century and has two readings: who built the house of the Orisar tower, or the masters of that time who had feuding feuds, or a wealthy farmer? Treasure revolves around the story
AndThis story has been shrouded in mystery since its inception, which dates back, according to historians, towards the end of the fifteenth century or the beginning of the sixteenth century, when medieval Bilbao smashed its walls and expanded towards the New World. Not surprisingly, during the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries, Bilbao consolidated its commercial position, becoming the most important economic center of the Bizkaia Dominion. In this period, exchanges with the ports of the continent were strengthened and trade with the American colonies was established, an emigration adventure in which thousands of Basques joined.
In 1511 the Bilbao Consulate was established, which would be the most influential institution in the city for three centuries. He will be responsible for exercising downstream jurisdiction, as well as for maintenance and improvement work. Thanks to the consulate, Bilbao became the main port of the Cantabrian Sea. At that time this adventure begins.
It would be nice to go through it, of course. But let me pause at the beginning of the twenty-first century, between 2008 and 2009, when Bilbao is striving to recover a trace of its past. It’s an even more special time for all of you. You’ll remember the medieval Urizar’s house, also called Jenna’s farmhouse, which at the time was known for the poultry – mostly ducks and chickens… – that roamed outside next to a rickety old bench 127. They existed, right? On the heights of Exit Bilbao by Juan de Garay and the building, very rustic, was in stark contrast to urban Bilbao.
This was not always the case. In all documents prior to the nineteenth century, the rustic character of Antiglicia de Abando is evident. It suffices to look at the ancient inscriptions with views of Bilbao (those by Muflin and Hogenberg from 1575) or plans prior to 1850 to realize that, up to this date, with the exceptions of the areas around Bilbao la Vega and the Imperial Convent of San Francisco or the shipyards on the banks of the river Rhea, Abando was nothing more than a green countryside dotted with some farmhouses.
There are two versions about the origins of this story, one that you consider to be The typical tower house of the masters of that time They were happy to maintain constant feudal feuds with their neighbours, and another inclined to regard it as the house of a wealthy farmer who had built it modeling the houses of the lords of the time, the houses of the towers. Whatever it is, it is the only building of these properties that still stands in Bilbao.
Sometimes it is referred to by many authors as the tower of the original house of Orisar. Its primitive design was influenced, over time, by its use as a farmhouse, undoubtedly changing the initial factory which was, in any case, the subject of a major restructuring in the seventeenth century. Some constructive remains of the medieval tower remain, with special reference to the pointed windows and gaps in the building’s facades. The owners of the Mayor of Larnborough, who are descendants of Commander Martin de Arana, are referred to as the builders of the old house tower, in times of conflict in the Bandesa Wars, roughly the middle of the fifteenth century.
The second version of this Erala Tower ensures that it is not a tower per se, but rather a stately home., because it has a wider cotyledon, of more horizontal size, the upper part of which grows back. It is a building that was almost completely reconstructed in the 17th century. This appearance speaks of a farmer’s palace in Mysore, built around 1500, when Zakkaya went through a period of sheer splendor. Many people imitate the house which at that time was the most famous, the tower, and then build a type of tower that is more habitable, more comfortable, and in some cases even more agricultural, according to the owner’s origins. Below are two conflicting versions of the originals.
Whatever the truth, this related palace, together with some brief ruins of what was, in his day, Marica’s solar house in the district of Escortes, of the civil, medieval and Renaissance Abando, was eased, at the end of the nineteenth century, into urbanization and building Modern Bilbao known today.
Today, it is classified as a Special Conservation Space, Level A and is occupied by the Pensioners Association of the Irala District.. During rehabilitation work in 2009-2010 a new mystery was added to this story. One of the workers has already begun to find another treasure embedded in the mud near the building: at least 270 coins between 1869 and 1937.
It is a group of coins that appeared little by little, buried in the mud. The oldest pieces in the collection date from the period of the Provisional Government formed after the La Gloriosa Revolution and show an image of Spain leaning on the Pyrenees. There is a silver doro with a statue of Amadeo de Saboya, from 1871, and a 22 from the reign of Alfonso XII. Those who depict Alfonso XIII as a child are called bald, which was changing with the growth of the king. and 36 pesetas for the Basque government, with a woman’s face, minted during the Civil War. This was the last indication of the intrigue of a unique space.